Hej, som lovat, har finns recept från föreläsningen. Jätte roligt att ni tyckte om maten! Tyvärr har jag inte hunnit översätta dem, så några finns fortfarande på Engelska. Hoppas det blir bra.
This recipe comes from Hemsley and Hemsley’s book, The Art of Eating Well, and it is my favourite banana bread recipe.
300g ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
30g butter – I use coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup (use more or less depending on your taste)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract or powder
3 large eggs
1/2 bicarbonate of soda
1tbsp lemon juice
220g almond flour
- Preheat oven to 170ºc. Lone a 23×13 cm loaf tin with baking parchment – or use a silicone baking form.
- Mash the bananas and coconut oil in bowl with a fork. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarbonate of soda, lemon juice and a small pinch of salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the almond flour and linseed and mix well. Or you can mix everything in a food processor and blitz.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and bake for 1-1 1/4 hours. If it looks like it is getting quite brown quickly, cover the top with baking parchment until it has finished baking. It is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool a bit. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store the bread covered in the fridge, for up to a week.
2 msk chiafrön
2.5 dl kokos, mandel eller cashew mjölk.
1/2 tsk vanilj pulver
1/2 tsk lönnsirap
Häll mjölken, vanilj och lönnsirap i en burka, sen lägg i chiafrön. Rör om, och sätt i kylskåp i några timmar, över nätt är bäst. Toppa med bär, hem gjorda granola, riven kokos, banana….vad som helst!
Brödet som jag serverade på föreläsningen var baserad på denna från Sarah Britton’s hemsida My New Roots.
1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds
½ cup / 90g flax seeds
½ cup / 65g hazelnuts or almonds
1 ½ cups / 145g rolled oats
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
3 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt (add ½ tsp. if using coarse salt)
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or olive oil
1 ½ cups / 350ml water
Jag ändvänd lite brödkryddor också
1. In a flexible, silicon loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable). Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for several hours, or all day or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it it.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
3. Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let it cool completely before slicing
4. Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. I find that it goes off quite quickly, so I usually freeze the bread, slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.
Red Pepper and Walnut Dip
This was also based on a recipe from My New Roots.
- 3 large red peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rub the red peppers with a teaspoon of olive oil and put them on the baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until they are blackened and blistered in a couple of places.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, transfer the peppers into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Spread the walnuts in a separate baking sheet and toast for 7-9 minutes,. Make sure to keep a close eye on them as they can burn easily. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel the skins off the peppers and transfer them into the bowl of a food processor. Add in the garlic cloves, rest of the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and now-cooled walnuts. Process until smooth, but still chunky.
Jag brukar släng in en grov hackade rå rödbeta till min vänlig hummus, men man kan också ändvänd en kokt rödbeta.
- 1 small beet
- 2 cartons of chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender, blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, add more salt, lemon juice to brighten, or water to thin/adjust the thickness of the hummus.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Här finns recept till surkål